Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A New Method for Newspaper Nails

Hi everyone!

Today I want to share with you my personal way of creating the newspaper nail. :) Every tutorial I read when this trend first came out told me to dip my finger in alcohol for two minutes and then transfer the newspaper image. Unfortunately, I found this method took too much time and, more importantly, didn't even work! Read on to see how I changed things up.


To create this look you need white nail polish (I used OPI's Alpine Snow), rubbing alcohol, a little cup (I used a shot glass) to put the alcohol in and some newspaper cut into finger nail sized pieces (see images 1 & 2). Begin by painting your nails with two coats of your white polish (see image 3) and allow this to dry completely. You will be pressing the newspaper against your nail so you should make sure they are perfectly dry. Then dip your strip of newspaper into your rubbing alcohol (see image 4) for 7 seconds. Shake off the extra alcohol and press the wet strip very firmly against your nail for 10 seconds (see image 5). Let dry and finish with some top coat! Make sure you allow the ink to dry because it runs pretty easily under top coat.

Do you have any tips or tricks to achieve the newspaper nail look?

-Iman

1 comment: