Thursday, September 13, 2012

Art Deco





      I believe I was born in the wrong decade. Seriously. I should have been alive and enjoying the amazing Gilded Age and what not. Way back in high school, I encountered my first taste of art deco. It was an image of a woman most fabulously dressed in a long black gown with a fur stole (tres chic!) and her grey hound dog with emerald cut stones in his collar….oh la la! It most definitely ignited an instant interest and obsession.
      Since I can not live in the most stylish decade…I can however, buy art deco jewelry. Why jewelry? Well if I buy flapper-esque dresses and feather headbands, I can only wear those during halloween/costume party. But jewelry can be everyday, anytime. But I am not, in anyway…putting down playing dress up. By all means…let's get dressed up!

Here are a few of my picks for Art Deco inspired jewels: TA-DA!





I think my jewelry box is suddenly craving some bling.
So are you 1920's girl? or not...

Itching to have me? Buy me!
1. Pave` Dome Ring $36
2. Art Deco Shield Ring $22
3. Gold Chain Collar $42
4. Iced Triad Necklace $36
5. Lava Deco Cuff $42
6. Art Deco Pendant $38
7. Art Deco Drop Earrings $22
8. Jeweled Bangle $28
9. Chrysler Necklace $80
10. Pendant with Ribbon $39
11. Statement Necklace $60
12. Sparkling Medieval Bracelet $12
13. Rhinestone Pyramid Bracelet $19
14. Lulu Frost for J.Crew Crystal Bracelet $118
15. Lulu Frost for J.Crew Bracelet $85
16. Rent the Runway: Emerald Ring $25 (rental)
17. Rent the Runway: Clear Stone Bracelet $65 (rental)
18. RTR: Badgley Mischka: Decadent Deco $60 (rental)
19. RTR: Adia Kibur; Skyline Necklace $20 (rental)
20. RTR: Dannijo; Marguerite Necklace $95 (rental)
21. RTR: Ben-Amun: Victorian Crystal Necklace $45 (rental)
22. RTR: Tom Binns: Pearls in Peril $85 (rental)
23. RTR: Emerald Statement Necklace $95 (rental)

xx,
Mar

No comments:

Post a Comment