Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ode to Deborah Lippmann



       I'm sure you all recognize the photo above; it's Twitter. But more specifically, it's THE Deborah Lippmann twitter. On the auspicious day of Labor Day ( monday that just passed, for some us under the NYFW stress) she retweeted a tweet from yours truly Acetone Anonymous! Thats right, RETWEETED. I know I maybe a little too excited, but I am a HUGE fan of Deborah Lippmann. I liked her way back when her nail polishes used to say Lippmann Collection, instead of her today revamped collection: Deborah Lippmann.
      I know some of you may think that paying almost $20 for a nail polish is absurd. However, your not paying for the bottle, your paying for quality, color and the dimensions of the glitter ( if your purchasing glitter polish.) My best friend is a real stickler. She will look high and low for a cheaper version of anything. She did almost come close to one of Deborah's "Superstar" nail polish, but the quality was crap and the shimmer/metallic color was separating. 
     Now I'm not saying that you should own every nail polish bottle by Deborah Lippmann (seriously though... if you do, BRAVO!) But when the right color comes along, you can bet your whole nail polish collection that your not going to find something like it anywhere else. 

L-R: Daytripper, Dancing in the Dark, Just Walk Away Renee, Across the Universe

      This is my collection ( not all of it, but just the Deborah Lippmann one's), I know it's not cohesive. But I love these colors. I can't find anything similar or close to it in any brand.  So this past weekend, I wanted to wear Daytripper which is a neon/coral color. Anyone who knows me, knows that coral is my favorite color, like I'm obsessed with coral. So it doesn't come as shock that I love this nail polish. It is a little brighter than normal coral colors, but it looks phenomenal in the sun/summer time!  Usually 2 coats does the trick. 



      Unfortunately I also have major commitment issues, and I can't really commit to one nail polish color for a whole week. I also happen to be obsessed with Glitter+Sparkle, literally anything that shines like a million diamonds. A while back I came up with this B-E-A-U-tiful combination. The OPI color is "The One That Got Away" which is the from the Katy Perry collection. If anyone is familiar with this polish, it's a gorgeous pink maroon color with shimmer mixed into it. I do love this color on its own, but I decided to pair it with Deborah Lippmann's "Dancing in the Dark". Now this color was originally in a set of 3 mini bottles over the last christmas holiday (circa 2011 & only available through Nordstrom). I'm so happy she decided to make it into a full sized bottle, because it's kinda THE BEST gunmetal glitter polish out there. 

Here's my formal for this gorgeous combo:
  • 3 coats Opi-Katy Perry "The One That Got Away"… Let it dry fully.
  • 2 coats Deborah Lippmann "Dancing in the Dark" …  I only apply in the middle of the nail, I like how the OPI color shows through.
  • Topcoat it, I usually use Seche Vite, but right now this Orly Super Shiny top coat is working it's magic on me. 
  • & Voila! You have one insane sparkle-tastic manicure!

      
Hope you discover your love for Deborah Lippmann polishes as I did. 

xx
Mar





No comments:

Post a Comment