Friday, October 5, 2012

LOTM: M.A.C - Rebel


  

{Lipstick.Of.The.Moment:}

      I'm sure you have seen this lipstick at the M.A.C counter? The dark purple one..upon first glance you think "Only witches, vamps & people looking for a Halloween costume look would wear this color…" But my friends I'm here to tell you that those witches & vamps in your ind have the sexy lip color shade you've been looking for. It might be scary trying it out, but your at beauty counter…you have to try it. No, really it's begging to be admired. It needs your attention. 


 I realize that this image might seem a little weird, but this is how I discovered this unknown color (to me at least..) 
M.A.C sent out a very appealing Lip & Nail color collection this past spring. The collection wasn't anything new, but more about how different countries love the M.A.C lipsticks. A Different shade for a Different Country/Continent.

 (I believe Rebel was a favorite of the L.A. area…cool right?)
Something about the glossy purple lips & dark purple varnished nails just tugged at my inner diva. So I decided to try it out, and low and behold it was the darkest purple color in the lipstick stand. I know my photo above doesn't do the actual purple color justice, but when you go to look for it you will know what I'm talking about. 




As soon as I tried it out, I knew the rebel inside me would love it…see what I did there? I bought, and had a chance to play around with it. Needless to say it's kind of my go-to when I'm not in the mood for a vibrant red lipstick. Plus I find this color more in trend with season, don't you think?


I think this photo below gives a more accurate color, the above photo's is what it would look like say with the flash on. I also swatched it on my hand. Hope this gives you an idea. It is very a rich hue and since it's in the Satin family at M.A.C it has a smooth finish to it. It also looks glossy, which I kinda like in a lipstick. If your looking for matte I would try Make Up Forever. They have some good options. 

I have also tried the Rebel Lipglass and that is also equally rich in hue, if your more of gloss girl then I say go for it. Since I am indefinitely in love with this, I'm trying to plan my halloween costume around this lip color…crazy right?!

Tell me how it looks on you!
-xX
Mar

2 comments: